MCLE and CPE Credit Information
CLE/CPE Credit Information
Monday, July 25, 2011, 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
***Earn 5 hours of MCLE and CPE Credits***
This cross-disciplinary conference will explore legal and financial challenges of state and local governments. Panelists will discuss the risk of and alternatives to bankruptcy for distressed governments; how to make public pension reforms work; the potential effects of pension accounting standards changes under consideration by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board; and recent performance measurement and “budgeting for results” efforts by state and local governments.
- Program Level: Intermediate
- Delivery Method: Group-Live
- No prerequisites or advanced preparation needed
- Recognize fiscal stresses faced by state and local governments and identify alternatives to bankruptcy for distressed governments.
- Strengthen knowledge in the area of pension and health care reforms and the potential effects of pension accounting standards changes.
- Obtain sufficient understanding in performance management and “budgeting for results” through current practices, lessons learned and achievements from the State of Illinois and the Regional Transportation Authority of northeastern Illinois.